Monday, March 21, 2011

Gary L. Everest


 This painting is 20 x 16-inches and is oil on canvas.  I titled it, "Thinking of Dad".  I just did this painting two days ago, in response to the death of my father.  He passed away on Feb. 27, 2011, at the age of 89.  I don't have a decent photo to do a proper memorial portrait of him, so this is something of a twist on that idea

Since his passing, it's not unusual during quiet moments of the day, to find myself drifting back to memories of him.  Four days ago, when snapping out of one of those moments, I decided to grab my camera and take my picture in the pose as best I could re-create it.


 evmisha1@gmail.com gleverestpaintings.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. Dear Deb,
    I know how do you feel I did the same thing. I have a great portrait of my dear Dad, the best therapy was to paint him.
    No more sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW wonderful piece and very feeling...I sure miss my dad also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire Gary's portraits immensely. He brings such sensitivity and depth to his work. And his comments here touch each of us who have lost a dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfull painting, it touched me very much, i am living far from my parents and i often think of them, missing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the pleasure of meeting Gary and saw this painting up close. I think it's one of his best. It's a very strong piece.

    ReplyDelete