Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ria Vanden Eynde

'Moth'
Acrylic on Canvas
8x10

I'm blogging on http://painting2cancers.blogspot.com/ posting pieces that are about my surviving 2 cancers. While being treated paintings by Frida Kahlo often came to my mind. Whenever I look at 'The Broken Column,' for instance, I experience compassion. Now, I've started to paint myself, inspired by her and other artists. To me, painting works as a language in the cancer-context, as a journal medium and this blog as an illustrated journal of sorts. 
riaonline@yahoo.com

6 comments:

  1. WoW! Love this portrait! So much emotion coming off the canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love frida kahlo :) this has a painful honesty that her work had and really powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is "WOW." I thought of Frida instantly but it is your own work, however inspired. This is very powerful and beautifully done. I hope you are fully well now. This painting is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing, strong portrait...very courageous. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete